Youseum Anti-Racism Resources
At Youseum we acknowledge that systemic racism and injustice is not just an American problem. The history of racism begins in Europe, and discrimination and disenfranchisement are alive and well in the Netherlands.
That’s why we have curated this page with links to petitions, activist groups and organisations, funds, and information relating to public demonstrations in the Netherlands, as well as internationally.
We will continue to update and manage this page as the BLM movement continues to unfold.
Petitions to Sign
If you are outside the USA and need a zip codes to use on petitions, use either 90015 (Los Angeles, California), 10001 (New York City, New York), or 75001 (Dallas, Texas).
BLM in the Netherlands
Check out these specifically Dutch resources, business, articles, and groups.
• Twitter account posting regular updates on BLM activities within the Netherlands:
• Dutch PM changes his stance on Zwarte Piet:
• Coverage of BLM protests in the Netherlands:
Donate to BLM in the Netherlands
• Donate to Black Queer Trans Resistance Netherlands, co-organisers of the 3 June protest at the Dam
Account name: Black Queer Trans Resistance NL
BIC : BUNQNL2AXXX
Black-owned businesses and organisations to support in Amsterdam:
• African Blackstar Coffeeshop
• Water & Brood, Surinamese restaurant
• African Kitchen, restaurant
• Labyrinth, restaurant with West African cuisine, African live music, and poetry
• Visit the National Slavery monument
• What Matters, Spotify podcast
• 8 Can’t Wait, online campaign about police brutality
• 13th by Ava DuVernay, Netflix documentary about racial discrimination in USA
• How to Be an Antiracist, book
Stay in the loop! Subscribe to our newsletter here:
Thank you for signing up!